Friday, March 1, 2013

MAAD

My heart skipped a beat when I realize that the obedience wives club is performing today. Thought it's next friday as I got the date wrong. I immediately summoned aaron up on whatsapp, dragging him to go with me.

We started our little journey after a brieft catchup dinner @ plaza's macdonald's.
Situated at the red dot museum, we could never imagine what awaits for us there right after we got down the mrt and stroll towards maxell. Wow.. I went wow. Literally...

It's a cool place.
Or a hub, we call it. Food, wine, bistro, pub. Food aside~ there's a whole lot of cool fleas, lining up along the outside, and clutter in the inside. Shops, exhibition, art fest, innovation fair, home decor shops and everything. Artist, musicians, everyone just gathers there, like a small community.
The air felt different, the people felt different. Not a those stereotypical mainstream people which you might saw from elsewhere. They are different, and they dare to be. Respecto~

A patch of mat lays in a corning, right infront of instruments and audio set ups. The bands roar to life, uplifting the atmosphere (or killing it). Operating from 5am-midnight, MAAD would definitely be a place where I would go again, definitely (:

P.S. Got no idea, why I love our local art scene so much.

Quiet night indeed, and my only regret is missing the performance I wanted to catch. We strolled down ann siang, beer in hand, exploring streets, and even the duxton. Thought we could make it to it's 50th storey sky garden, darn it's locked! Can somebody 'sign' us in please???!!

No comments: