Saturday, May 18, 2013

Weekend Duty

I paced about the room,
Only leaving the house when I felt assured, right after ticking all the things off my mental check list.

That's how I always is.
taking longer than usual as long as I'm not going back home for the night. My sweat trickles down my forehead as I rummage my room for my ds charger, only to find it lying in the living room. Hastily, I put slip into my boots, walk down the grassy slope, down to the bus stop.

Yes, it's saturday. I know. I'm not crazy.
Weekend duty again.
I'd been learning how to suck it up and make the best out of things, and it really works. Trust me, it does. I even organized a pre-duty breakfast meetup between all of us even thou the line-up spells sleep till staff parade.
No, I won't call them uninteresting people. Just people that I'm not close with.

***

I woke up before my alarm could sound, dreamless again. A 45 minutes power nap before my duty and my eyes are so heavy that I could hardly open. I propped my body up, knowing that I'd to stay awake. My screen glared to life, upon the touch of my mouse. I played around, surfing the web, picture gazing.

"Ah, need a new wallpaper"

I tried not to read, only looking at pictures, passing time, and soon the caffeine kicked in. The next thing I knew was the beads of droplets splashing on my face from the shower head.

***

I'm awake as fuck, as my mind's clear. Not even a tinge of fatigue. I'm even more awake than days that I'm functioning on 5hours of sleep. I planned my day in my head, chanting to myself, telling myself that this would be a good day to restore my sleeping hours due to the deprivation from the past week.

-weekend duty-

No comments: