Friday, August 9, 2013

NDP 2013

National Day Parade.

Maybe i'm not as patriotic as many,
but i guess i still am in my own ways,
like how i appreciate the local art scene,
how i love the cityscape of Singapore, admiring it in all ways,
the beautifully crafted business district,
the long stretch of Singapore River which i use to drown all my troubles all these years.
i can never be more thankful of this place even thou i know there's alot of comparison talks on migrating and all.

I went back home, and i'm always amused at how my hdb heartlander family are doing the stereo typicals,
home cook meals, watching NDP.
I remember when i'm young, always admiring the members of parliament when they arrived. I would nevertheless be awed by the marching contingent. I would run around and then does some marching, shouting before standing still and kissing my plastic ninja sword. I would then tie an used string to my national flag and hoist it up as the national anthem played on tv.

missed the patriotic and innocent me :3

No comments: